Medicus IT, LLC (Medicus) provides managed IT services (Services) for health care providers.
Personal Information is information that identifies or could be used to identify a specific person. Personal Information also includes information that relates to, describes, or could be linked to a specific person.
A. Personal Information Medicus Collects through its Website
1. Personal Information Provided by Users
Our Website includes a form through which Website visitors may contact Medicus with specific questions. We may use this information to respond to your inquiry and/or provide you with additional information regarding our Services.
Our Website also includes a customer portal that allows us to provide certain customer support functions. We use information provided through the portal to provide customer support and process payments.
The Website also includes a link for prospective employees to apply for job opportunities.
2. Personal Information Collected Automatically
Information we collect automatically may include:
- Device information such as your unique device identifier, web browser, operating system, and internet service provider;
- Session information such as what pages you visit, how long you visit a specific page, and pages that you go to after leaving our website;
- Location data such as your IP address and other information that allows us to determine the location from which you are accessing our website;
We also use third-party technologies, such as Google Analytics, to obtain information about your use of our website and Services. Google Analytics collects information such as how often a user visits our website, what pages the user visits, and what sites the user visited prior to coming to our website. For more information on how Google Analytics operates, please see the Google Analytics terms and conditions, which are available at https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/..
3. Categories of Personal Information Collected
In the last 12 months, Medicus has collected the following categories of Personal Information through the Website:
|Identifiers||Name, email address, telephone number and similar identifiers|
|Personal Information Categories Listed in the California Customer Records Statute||Name, telephone number, payment card or other financial information|
|Commercial Information||Billing and other transactional records transmitted through the client portal|
|Internet or other similar network activity||IP address, length of visit, and similar information|
|Gelocation Data||IP address|
|Professional or employment related information||Information provided by job applicants|
B. How Medicus Uses Personal Information
Medicus uses Personal Information collected through our Website to:
- operate our business
- enhance and personalize the user experience
- communicate with customers and prospective customers
- troubleshoot and fix bugs or other errors
- provide updates
- detect security incidents
- market our Services
- other uses Customers and/or Participants consent to or are notified of
C. Disclosure of Personal Information
- When Medicus Discloses Personal Information
We only share Personal Information with Third Parties in the ways described below:
- Service Providers. We use Third Parties to collect or process personal information for the purposes described in Section B, above.
- Disclosures to Protect Medicus and Others. From time-to-time, we may disclose Personal Information if we believe doing so is necessary to:
- Comply with law enforcement or other legal requests, such as a court order or subpoena
- Protect our or any other person’s rights, property, or safety
- Enforce our policies and agreements
- Merger, Sale or other Asset Transfer. In the event of a reorganization, divestiture, merger, sale, or bankruptcy, we may transfer Personal Information to the acquiring and/or new party
- Third Party Services and Plugins. We allow third parties to integrate their technologies or services with the Medicus Services to provide you with new or enhanced Services, which may also result in the disclosure of some of your Personal Information to these Third Parties.
2. Categories of Personal Information Medicus Discloses
In the last 12 months, Medicus has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information collected through its website for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Information||Category of Third Parties|
|Personal information categories listed in the California customer records statute||Service providers|
|Commercial information||Service providers|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Service providers|
D. Where Medicus Stores Personal Information
Personal Information Medicus collects through our Website is processed and stored in the United States of America.
E. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use a variety of technical and administrative measures to protect your Personal Information. However, no computer system can be made 100% secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted over the Internet or stored with Medicus. We recommend you use care in deciding what information to share with us.
F. How Long Medicus Stores Your Personal Information
We store your Personal Information as long as you maintain an account with Medicus and/or Medicus has a legitimate business or legal need to retain your information. If you close your account (or request that it be closed), Medicus will delete your Personal Information unless Medicus is contractually or legally required to maintain such information or if Medicus reasonably believes that it is necessary to maintain your information to protect Medicus’s or any other person’s legal rights.
G. Information Regarding Children
Medicus’s Website, client portal, and job applicant portal are not designed to be used by anyone under the age of 18. If we become aware that information concerning a person under the age of 18 has been provided to us without appropriate consent, we will delete that information or make it inaccessible (subject to any separate legal requirement to keep the information).
H. Your Data Privacy Rights
- Access, Correction or Deletion. You may correct or delete information within your account at any time through the client portal. You may also request that Medicus correct or delete your Personal Information. We will honor requests to delete your Personal Information subject to any legal or contractual requirement that requires us to preserve the information.
- Opt-Out from Marketing Communications. From time-to-time, we may send you emails regarding the Services using information collected through the Website. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of emails we send to you. Please note, however, that you may not unsubscribe to emails that relate to operation of the Services, security alerts, system updates, and similar non-marketing communications.
- Opt-Out from Targeted Behavioral Advertising. Medicus shares information concerning website visitors with service providers who serve advertisements on third party websites. Medicus uses this information only to serve its own advertisements. You have the right to opt-out from use of your information for this purpose.
- No Discriminatory Treatment. Medicus will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your data privacy rights.
To exercise your data privacy rights described above, you may submit a verifiable consumer request to us either by:
- Calling us toll-free at: 1-844-200-2195
- Emailing us at: email@example.com
J. Governing Law
K. Contact Us
- Calling us toll-free at: 1-844-200-2195
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org